Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
Program Coordinator – MYTEAM
Full-time Position (40 hours per week)
Our Ideal Candidate
Must be someone committed to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge, cultural reclamation, and able to imbed traditional ways of being into their practice. You are supportive to Ka Ni Kanichihk’s values and beliefs.
About The Role
The Coordinator is responsible for managing the program implementation and evaluation related to objectives and budget; supervising staff and youth; preparing internal and comprehensive reports as per program requirements; and seeking additional sources of funding.
The successful candidate will have a university degree in a relevant field; child & youth care worker certificate or equivalent, with demonstrated experience related to working with at risk youth and with EIA. The candidate must also have knowledge of independent living practices, mentorship principles and be aware of issues facing youth who are transitioning from the child welfare system to independence. Knowledge of the child welfare system and available community resources available to youth are essential.
What You Bring
· Relevant post-secondary education, or combination of education and experiences
· At least three (3) years’ experience in successful event/program creation, planning, coordination, recruitment, youth engagement, and facilitating groups
· At least three (3) years’ experience working with Indigenous youth
· Experience in supervising and managing staff, demonstrating leadership skills
· Experience maintaining budgets, writing reports and applying for funding
· Knowledge of and committed to addressing issues that Indigenous youth face exiting Child and Family Services
· Knowledge, identification and assessment of risk and protective factors
· A high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability
· Excellent organizational, time management, and classroom management skills
· Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff and participant privacy
· Commitment to cultural reclamation practice
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental • Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Employer Contributed RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Training and Development opportunities • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and a driver’s abstract.