Full Time (40 hours/week)
About the Role
Under the direction of the Program Manager and Director of Healing Services, the Maintenance Person is responsible for day-to-day building management and maintenance while having interactions with participants of Velma’s House Safe Space. The safe space is a low barrier drop-in space for all women, including members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, who are experiencing sexual exploitation, violence, or homelessness.
We are looking for someone with an eye for detail, ability to take initiative and have a passion to serve our community. A reliable and motivated individual that will perform ongoing duties such as repairs, cleaning, internal maintenance of our facilities as well as ensuring a well-kept exterior of the property. The primary maintenance responsibilities will be located at 566 Bannatyne Ave, but there may be requests to assist other Ka Ni Kanichihk buildings as needed. Must be able to be flexible and willing to adapt to our growing organizational needs.
What You Bring:
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- 1-3 years of maintenance and building management experience
- 1-3 years of hand and electrical tools experience
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Ability to work respectfully and in the spirit of teamwork
- Criminal Vulnerable Sector Check, Adult and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Valid driver’s license, recent Driver’s Abstract and access to vehicle
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental • Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Employee and Family Assistance • Training and Development opportunities • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • .
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore, applicants are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry. In addition, Velma’s House is committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive space for all women, therefore 2 Spirit, trans and non-binary women are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this position.
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to:
Human Resources Specialist
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
101-1065 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 0B6
Ka Ni Kanichihk thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.