Full Time (40 hours/week)
About the Role
Do you want to teach adults who genuinely want to be in your classroom? Want to make a real difference in someone’s life? Are you someone who enjoys a team teaching approach? Do you love collaboration, flexibility, and innovation? If so, join our team as an Adult Instructor in our Social Innovation and Community Development training program. The Instructor of SICD is responsible for providing community based hybrid instruction that prepares adult learners for a career in the Community Development field. Your goal will be to provide Adult Learners with the right environment to learn, and feel supported. This means coaching and motivating learners in a way that assists them in overcoming barriers.
What You Bring:
Our successful candidate will possess some Post-Secondary Education in a related field, and hold either a Provincially Recognized Professional Teacher Certificate or a Certificate in Adult Education. If the selected candidate does not have a teaching degree, they will be expected to complete the Teaching for Learning (TFL Program) within 2 years of employment. One should have experience in educational instructing and training within Adult Education, and feel comfortable developing and delivering lessons and navigating hybrid learning.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in teaching experience, preferably in a vocational college setting or similar
- Must have strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite such as Access, Word, Excel, Acrobat Adobe, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must have strong knowledge of basic Accounting principles
- Knowledge and ability to teach and to instruct in a variety of social areas
- Dependable, punctual, approachable, adaptable and flexible
- Demonstrated commitment to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge, cultural reclamation and traditional practices
- Ability to deliver lesson plans and activities according to a developed curriculum, and understands when to fine tune and adjust to engage learners.
- Understanding different learning styles in the classroom and use lectures, labs, land-based methods, and creative approaches to help learners absorb information and thrive.
- Have experience evaluating student performance, grading, and revising curriculum if necessary to adapt material to student’s needs.
- Understand how to manage the learner’s academic progress and problem solve, while providing feedback in a diplomatic and timely fashion.
- Excellent conflict resolution and mediation skills, and are able to assess the emotional, personal, and physical needs of individuals
- Capacity to provide additional support to students in achieving goals and helping them to break down barriers.
- Willingness to participate in staff and community events.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental • Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Employer Contributed RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Training and Development opportunities • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and a driver’s abstract.
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore, candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Applications will be received until closing date of June 12, 2023.
Please forward resume, cover letter, and three supervisor related references to:
Human Resources Specialist
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
101-1065 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8