Full Time: 40 hours per week
About The Role
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Program Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the books and records of a large number of programs including all processing, budgeting, accounting, reconciliations, and reporting. The Program Accountant will also be responsible for communicating cash flow changes and necessary updates to the General Ledger. The Program Accountant will also provide assistance to the Finance Director with preparation of the year-end audit and drafting of the financial statements.
What You Bring
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual who meets the following essential requirements:
- Post-Secondary education with a major in Accounting; or the equivalent of 5+ years of education and experience
- Knowledge of accounting standards for non-profit organizations is an asset
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics GP software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with budgeting, implementing controls and reporting systems
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Maintain confidentiality, and financial record keeping
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with staff.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy is essential
What We Offer
Ka Ni Kanichihk is a progressive, holistic organization that is invested in employee wellness. We are proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Employer contributed pension program
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress
- Employee training & development
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume, detailing how you meet the requirements of this posting, and your salary expectations. Applications will be received as submitted.
Candidates are required to provide a current (within the past 6 months) Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and a driver’s abstract prior to starting this position.
Ka Ni Kanichihk remains committed to achieving employment equity; candidates are encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Specialist
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
101-1065 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3A 0B5
Ka Ni Kanichihk thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.