Full Time (40 hours/week)
About the Role
The Mino Pimatisiwin Sexual Wellness Lodge is seeking someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to provide administrative and medical assistant support to the Sexual Wellness Lodge Team at Ka Ni Kanichihk. Reporting to the Program Manager, the incumbent acts as a receptionist for clients and service providers, manages appointments and schedules in the charting and record keeping systems of the Lodge, participates in client care functions, maintains client charts and databases, maintains supply inventories using a standardized checklist, performs a variety of clerical support functions and maintains site organization. The incumbent will contribute to a kind and respectful work environment and participate in workload sharing and coverage within the team.
What You Bring:
- One year of related healthcare experience required, a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Completion of a Unit Clerk Course and/or a Medical Office Assistant Course
- High school education or equivalent under Manitoba standards
- 1-3 years of data entry and clerical experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining medical records, understanding medical terminology, compiling statistics and processing personal health information
- Understanding and awareness of HIV, Hepatitis C, STBBI’s, and Harm Reduction methods
- Champion human rights based approaches to health and healthcare, and understanding the social determinants of health care
- Exceptional skills in creating and maintaining caring, kind relationships with all kinds of people
- Connection to Indigenous communities via kinship ties, relationship building, and or other relational ties
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with mail distribution, photocopying and faxing
- Basic Cardiac Life Saving Certificate
- Excellent communication skills with switchboard/receptionist experience.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- Ability to effectively work as a team member.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, understanding PHIA regulations
- Ability to plan and organize a heavy workload, under pressure, to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Keyboarding speed of 40 wpm required.
- Must be able to do moderate lifting and a moderate amount of walking.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental • Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Employer Contributed RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Training and Development opportunities • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and a driver’s abstract.
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore, candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Applications will be reviewed as received.
Please forward resume, cover letter, and three supervisor related references to:
Human Resources Specialist
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
101-1065 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8