Full Time (40 hours/week)
About the Role
Reporting to the Huddle Program Coordinator, we are seeking a motivated and professional Administrative Assistant to join our growing team! If you love to multitask, and have an eye for details, please apply. This vital role is the lead in a full range of administrative and office management duties for Huddle and acts as a support to other team members. Key tasks include the management of building maintenance and office processes, administrative support, reception, processing cheques, maintaining filing systems, and providing appropriate routing of responses for information requests. Our ideal candidate is comfortable with a diverse community, thrives in a busy office setting, and strives to consistently execute at a high standard.
What You Bring:
- Two+ years of office administration experience
- Post-Secondary Administrative education considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to clearly communicate, both verbally and written
- Intermediate experience of Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Word and Excel
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Present a professional and friendly first impression to all participants and community members that enter Huddle.
- Experience with office management such as building maintenance, coordinating office processes, equipment maintenance, and filing systems
- Liaison with building maintenance vendors, and coordinate with issues as they arise
- Implement and maintain office procedures and administrative systems
- Develop and implement operational efficiencies to improve operations, and organizational processes where necessary
- Assist and support staff with general administrative tasks such as photocopying, filing, outgoing mail, drafting correspondence or communications, etc. (print, email, fax)
- Reception including answering phones and directing telephone calls, and handle internal and external queries
- Maintain and coordinate ordering of office supplies
- Assist organization and programs with meeting and event preparation as needed
- Commit and value the strengths of Indigenous knowledge and cultural reclamation
- Must be prepared to work 40 hours a week with flexible hours including days, some weekends, and some evenings
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental • Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Employer Contributed RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Training and Development opportunities • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and a driver’s abstract.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore, candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Applications will be reviewed as received.
Please forward resume, cover letter, and three supervisor related references to:
Human Resources Specialist
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
101-1065 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8