Full Time (40 hours/week)
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for the support and assisting with the coordination, delivery of the Heart Medicine Lodge program. Heart Medicine Lodge is an essential and unique Indigenous-led program that provides culturally-based support and advocacy services for Indigenous women, and those who identify as women, who have experienced sexual assault and/or sexual violence.
Our Ideal Candidate…
Is someone who is culturally competent, and committed to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge, cultural reclamation, and traditional practices. You are supportive of Ka Ni Kanichihk’s values and beliefs.
We are seeking someone who can support and assist the program as we deliver culturally responsive education curricula for youth and adults on a variety of sexual and reproductive health and justice issues. This person has a sound understanding of anti-oppressive frameworks, and deeply understands Indigenous economic, cultural, and political environments.
What You Bring:
- Comfortable working with issues around sexuality, reproductive justice, sexual violence, gender-based violence using a trauma informed lens.
- Understand how to create and promote an open and safe space.
- Education in a related field and one (1) years’ experience working in the Indigenous community, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success with supporting and assisting program delivery, including successfully managing time and deadlines.
- Work well with others; you know when to lead, and when to serve.
- Successfully participated in group work, and have effective problem-solving and team-building skills.
- An articulate communicator and can present clear information verbally and written.
- Possess knowledge of advocacy services, and community resources.
- Comfortable working with Elders and have experience with arranging ceremonies.
- Computer literate in current and relevant software programs, including data entry and some administrative duties
What We Offer
Ka Ni Kanichihk is a progressive, holistic organization that is invested in employee wellness. We are proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Employer contributed pension program
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress
- Employee training & development
Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Self-Check, valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and a clear driver’s abstract. Please submit three references.
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity, therefore encourage Indigenous persons to apply and self-declare within their cover letter. Applications will be reviewed upon received.
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore, candidates are strongly encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Human Resources Specialist
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
101 – 1065 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8