Full Time: 40 hours/week
About the Role
We are searching for an Finance Clerk to be responsible for managing Ka Ni Kanichihk’s accounts payable and receivable, payroll back up, oversee expense reclassifications, invoice posting, adjustment entries, credit note processing, cheque runs, and other accounting supports. Other responsibilities will include submitting monthly reports to accounting, making accurate monthly remittances, recording deposits to the General Ledger as well as processing payable cheques, providing assistance with annual audit working papers, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, updating the internal database and completing administrative duties related to the Finance Department.
What You Bring:
- College Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- 2-3 years in Finance sector
- Demonstrated experience with budget, accounting, and reporting systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Accounting software is an asset
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite in particular Excel and Word
- Knowledge and experience with office equipment such as photocopiers, telephone systems, email and fax machines
What We Offer
Ka Ni Kanichihk is a progressive, holistic organization that is invested in employee wellness. We are proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Employer contributed pension program
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress
- Employee training & development
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume, detailing how you meet the requirements of this posting, and your salary expectations. Applications will be received up to September 30, 2023.
Candidates are required to provide a current (within the past 6 months) Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and a driver’s abstract prior to starting this position.
Ka Ni Kanichihk remains committed to achieving employment equity; candidates are encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Specialist
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
101-1065 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3A 0B5
Ka Ni Kanichihk thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.