Full Time (40 hours per week)
What We Need
Ka Ni Kanichihk is seeking a strong leader for the position of Administrative Specialist to join our rapidly growing team at 1065 Portage. This vital role is key in a full range of office management duties for the Operational team and will provide crucial support in executive-level administrative duties. Key tasks include office processes, internal and external communications, maintaining filing systems, taking minutes, and traveling to each site as needed.
We thrive on collaboration in a team driven environment, and it’s essential to take initiative, be organized, and have a friendly and professional attitude that enjoys helping others. The chosen candidate will be comfortable interacting with diverse people, be adaptable and creative, and loves to make a difference by serving and representing the community we work for.
About the Role
- Act in a supportive role within Human Resources and provide administration support such as scheduling, calling applicants, and conducting reference checks
- Able to complete basic finance tasks (expense forms, mileage, time sheets, and credit card reconciliation)
- Set up virtual meetings by utilizing Outlook, Zoom, and Teams to schedule, arrange, and maintain communications on meetings and agendas
- Experience with office management and maintaining equipment, supplies, coffee station and dry pantry items
- Act as liaison with building management vendors, and facilitate repairs and maintenance
- Implement and maintain office procedures and administrative systems
- File maintenance including file audits, organization, and maintain off-site file storage
- Drafting correspondence and internal and external communications for the Organization
- Reception duties including answering phones, and providing excellent customer service
- Assist in preparing meetings and events, and take minutes as needed
- Assist in tasks such as photocopying, filing, outgoing mail
- Committed to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge and cultural reclamation
What You Bring
- 5 + years of experienced office administration and office management experience
- Requires a Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Related post-secondary education preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced to Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to manage, balance and prioritize multiple competing priorities
- Must be prepared to work 40 hours a week, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
The posting will remain open until position is filled.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore, candidates are strongly encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Please forward resume, cover letter, and three supervisor related references to:
Human Resources Specialist
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
101-1065 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8