Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
Employment Opportunities – Term (40 hours per week)
Program Helper -Heart Medicine Lodge
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for the support and assisting with the coordination, delivery of the Heart Medicine Lodge program. Heart Medicine Lodge is an essential and unique Indigenous-led program that provides culturally-based support and advocacy services for Indigenous women, and those who identify as women, who have experienced sexual assault and/or sexual violence.
Our Ideal Candidate
Is someone who is culturally competent, and committed to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge, cultural reclamation, and traditional practices. You are supportive of Ka Ni Kanichihk’s values and beliefs.
We are seeking someone who can support and assist the program as we deliver culturally responsive education curricula for youth and adults on a variety of sexual and reproductive health and justice issues. This person has a sound understanding of anti-oppressive frameworks, and deeply understands Indigenous economic, cultural, and political environments.
What You Bring
· You have to be comfortable working with issues around sexuality, reproductive justice, sexual violence, gender-based violence using a trauma informed lens.
· You know how to create and promote an open and safe space.
· You have education in a related field and one (1) years’ experience working in the Indigenous community, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· You have demonstrated success with supporting and assisting program delivery, including successfully managing time and deadlines.
· You work well with others; you know when to lead, and when to serve.
· You have successfully participated in group work, and have effective problem-solving, and team-building skills.
· You are a great communicator and can present clear information verbally and written.
· You have knowledge of advocacy services, and community resources.
· You are comfortable working with Elders and have experience with arranging ceremonies.
· You are computer literate in the most current and relevant software programs, including data entry and some administrative duties
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental • Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Employer Contributed RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Training and Development opportunities • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and a driver’s abstract.
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore, candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
A review of applications will begin immediately with a closing date of November 1, 2022.
Please send the following in on attachment: Resume, Cover Letter, and three work-related references to:
Human Resources Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 0B6 E-mail: HR@kanikanichihk.ca