About the Role
Responsible for the day-to-day management of internal and external communications and marketing and the implementation of the Ka Ni Kanichihk Communications Strategy. Responsibilities include:
Developing, writing and editing print and digital media content for the website, multiple social media platforms, e-news, newsletters and print material
Managing content calendars and approval process
Monitoring and reporting on social media analytics and impact metrics
Overseeing all aspects of communications for campaigns, corporate, events, programs
Creating press releases, press kits and managing media relations.
Please Apply If You:
- Are committed to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge and ways of being and are supportive of Ka Ni Kanichihk’s values and beliefs.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have experience coordinating both internal and external communications, including media relations
- Are current with communication platforms and software and can build on Ka Ni Kanichihk’s existing brand and feel.
Graphic design, non-profit and fundraising experience are assets.
What You Bring
- An understanding of Indigenous values, community issues and its economic and cultural environments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, proofreading, and editing skills
- Previous experience in a communications field
- Strong organizational and project management skills project, and an ability to prioritize in a multi-faceted environment
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related discipline
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Communications related field
- Proficiency with communications software and social media tools
- Working knowledge of communications principles and practices
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support communication goals
An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity and candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Please send the following in an attachment: Resume, Cover Letter, and work-related references to:
Attention: Cathy Menard
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 0B6