Casual Employment Opportunity
About the Role
Working within the Medicine Children’s Lodge Daycare team, the Child Care Assistant is an energetic, culturally-competent individual who will incorporate Indigenous ways of being into all aspects of daily programming.
The Child Care Assistant is primarily responsible to engage with children, prepare food (snacks and lunch warm-up), light cleaning/laundry duties, and supporting the team as required. This includes play-based curriculum including music, art, literature, physical activity, personal hygiene, and healthy eating. The center is currently licensed for 16 spaces – 4 infant and 12 preschool aged children.
What You Bring
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual who meets the following essential requirements:
• Experience working with children of various ages and abilities;
• Able to lift children up to 20 pounds;
• Current Food Handler’s Certificate (or willing to obtain);
• Experience working with children with supportive requirements is an asset;
• Ability to communicate effectively with adults and children in English; an Indigenous language is an asset;
• A recent (within the past 6 months) Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Record Check are required prior to beginning with the organization.
What We Offer
Ka Ni Kanichihk is a progressive, holistic organization that is invested in employee wellness. We are proud to offer:
• Free on-site parking
• Employee training & development
• Casual dress and a great work environment
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume, detailing how you meet the requirements of this posting. Applications will be received up to April 29, 2022, at 4:30 pm.
Ka Ni Kanichihk remains committed to achieving employment equity; candidates are encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Administrator Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3A 0B5