Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
Full-time Position (40 hours/week)
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc. is a nonprofit, community based, Indigenous led human services organization that provides a range of Indigenous identified programs and services that focus on the wholeness, wellness and that builds on the strengths and resilience of Indigenous People.
What We Need
We are searching for an Accounting Clerk to be responsible for managing Ka Ni Kanichihk’s accounts payable and receivable, payroll back up, oversee expense reclassifications, invoice posting, adjustment entries, credit note processing, cheque runs, and other accounting supports. Other responsibilities will include submitting monthly reports to accounting, making accurate monthly remittances, recording deposits to the General Ledger as well as processing payable cheques, providing assistance with annual audit working papers, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, updating the internal database and completing administrative duties related to the Finance Department.
What You Bring
- College Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- 2-3 years in Finance sector
- Demonstrated experience with payroll, budget, accounting, and reporting systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Accounting software is an asset
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite in particular Excel and Word
- Knowledge and experience with office equipment such as photocopiers, telephone systems, email and fax machines
Candidates are required to provide a current (must be within 6 months) Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and a driver’s abstract.
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity, therefore encourage Indigenous persons to apply; please self-declare within your cover letter.
The posting will remain open until filled with first review of applications being November 14, 2022.
Please send the following in on attachment: Resume, Cover Letter, and three work related references to:
Human Resource Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3A 0B5
Fax # (204)953-5824
Email: email@example.com Ka Ni Kanichihk thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.