Aboriginal Women Reclaiming Our Power (AWROP)
This unique hands-on cultural based leadership development program is designed to educate, empower, encourage, connect, foster change, and create a shift from violence to harmony. By supporting women to move to the next level in their leadership journey, the program implements an innovative combination of traditional teachings, popular education techniques and knowledge sharing.
Moon Voices: Our Time to Lead
This is a 13 week Leadership Learning Circle with two programs running from:
- September 21-December 14, 2010
- January 11, 2011 to March 31, 2011
Space is limited, avoid disappointment and apply today!
- To reawaken the uniquely natural leadership gifts, powers, and knowledge each woman has
- To increase women’s participation in leadership roles
- To increase women’s ability to affect change personally and within their families and communities
- To significantly influence a shift from violence to harmony
What we offer you
- Leading-edge leadership thinking
- Flexible program structure rooted in cultural teachings, values and beliefs that allow you to focus on issues that have a specific relevance to you
- Supportive and highly motivated facilitators, guest speakers, Elders, and support staff
- The opportunity for you to build on your existing skills and experience
- Our respect for you and belief in your abilities
What we expect from you
- Your availability and commitment to participate in all components of the program from start to finish
- Your commitment to working collaboratively and respectfully with other participants, facilitators, Elders, and support staff
- Your commitment to participate in a healthy and productive working environment for the duration of the program
- Your participation in a leadership activity and possibly becoming a mentor
- Self-respect and belief in your potential
- Your interest and commitment to learning about and strengthening cultural identity and reclamation practices
- Your commitment to sharing your strengths, skills and gifts towards fostering change and fuelling the shift to health and harmony from violence
Are you ready to move to the next level…APPLY NOW!
Train the Trainer Training
We are currently developing a unique cultural based curriculum specifically for service based organizations working towards addressing the issue of violence against Aboriginal women. We are currently looking for organizations interested in hosting a two to four day training. If you think your organization may be interested, or you would like more information contact us at 953-5820 or 219-9318.
Gathering of the Grandmothers
We will be hosting a one day Gathering of the Grandmothers. Watch the website for further developments of this exciting and powerful Gathering.
Does your organization provide services to Aboriginal women and their families? We would love to connect with you and invite you to attend a Dialogue Forum for information sharing. Please our office to discuss this great opportunity for networking, community outreach and connection.
Canadian Heritage: Aboriginal Women’s Program
Status of Women Canada